Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Beach time

After a 4 day stretch at work PJ and I got off Tuesday morning ready for a crazy day. We slept for a couple hours (I slept way more than PJ did) and we got up and spent the whole day preparing to leave for our trip to the Outer Banks, NC to see my mom. Since we have been on a midnight schedule we decided to just leave Tuesday night rather than trying to sleep and waking up early. We made pretty good time and got to OBX around 3:30pm.  15 hours of driving was not good for my eating. We did mostly snacks and mostly bad ones at that. I'm a sucker for snacky foods! 

After we got unloaded we went down to the beach and built a fire. Several of us played in the waves and I got pummeled right into the beach! Then I found what looked to be the head of a jelly fish without the tentacles in my bathing suit bottoms and I. Freaked. Out.  I thrashed and got knocked over again. Needless to say I looked pretty. We ate smoked sausage cooked over the beach fire and watermelon and stayed until tide came in. I went to bed around 8 and slept soundly for 10 hours! At around 5:45 my dogs woke me up to let them out. Once I was back in bed I kept thinking about running and how it is the perfect time. I peeled myself back out of bed and put on my running gear. I haven't run in about a week because I've been working so I planned to take it easy today. I warmed up and headed out around 6:20. The sun was still low in the sky so I didn't need sunglasses. It was humid but not unbearable. I ran down the road until my watch beeped a mile and then turned around. I ended up at 2.05 miles in 25:27 minutes with an average pace of 12:38. Not bad for an easy run in a warmer climate. 

Now I'm sitting on the beach reading and blogging watching my family boogie board. Not bad huh? I waded into the waves a bit but was too scared to boogie board and get creamed! I did find out that I have some sort of allergy to something in the water tho...


All of those are hives! I'll be taking some Benadryl later! Tonight we are having rotisserie chicken and baked potatoes. Yum! Tomorrow I think I'll try to get up early again for a run. It was nice to be out in the calm early say. I felt very serene. I am planning on 4 miles tomorrow at an easy pace and then later in the week I will have my long run and a tempo run. 

1 comment:

  1. I love early morning walks and runs. It's always so beautiful! Good job getting a run in while on vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete