Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Long and picture-ific!

I have a lot to post about! Saturday was such an amazing day. And it started with a great run! 

Picture this: 6 am on Saturday morning. The sun not quite up yet and very few people on the beach. Low tide was at 4:15 so tide is still out. The beach had hard packed sand from the receding waves and there was enough wind to cool you off but not enough to blow sand at you. This is how my 2 mile run began. 

I was able to run with the sunrise and it was glorious!


Both miles felt so good which was such a relief after the miserable 4 mile run on Friday. It was tough work running in the sand and I could feel all of the different muscle groups in my legs working together just to propel me forward but the wind kept me cool. It was such a different atmosphere than I am used to running in and it was a welcomed adventure!




Saturday was my one year wedding anniversary with my husband PJ and I knew we had dinner plans. We went to the beach in the house my mom and her fiancé are building in the morning because they have a great yard and dock to launch their kites for kite boarding. I sat by watching them and sunbathing. Not a bad way to relax! After we came home PJ and I cut into out top tier of our wedding cake we had frozen for a year...and it was fantastic!


It tasted just as good as the day it was made! Shortly thereafter we exchanged gifts. We decided to go with traditional gifts and the first year is paper. I made him a photo book on shutterfly.com and wrote out 52 reasons why I love him on paper that I folded into little hearts that he can open every week for the next year. He painted me a scroll with a big tree in all 4 seasons and wrote me a love note on the bottom. He also made me a book of all the things he knows about me/us and silly things like what superhero I would be: Allergy Girl. Haha we got ready for dinner and headed out to a restaurant called 1587 inside a bed and breakfast on Roanoke Island, NC. The restaurant was semi upscale with a gorgeous interior and a very nice menu. We started out with a flatbread appetizer with buffalo mozzarella and basil and a balsamic glaze. 


It was SO good! We had bread and butter as well before our entrees came. I ordered the filet mignon with a Demi glace and mashed potatoes and seasonal veggies. 


PJ ordered grouper with a risotto cake and some kind of okra salad. 


All of it was fantastic! We had créam brûlée and a chocolate mousse pudding for dessert. I forgot to snap pictures before I dove into those!! Halfway through dinner we were remarking how pretty the place was and how quaint the B&B was and just then PJ slid a brass room key across the table. He had secretly planned an overnight trip! He even packed my bag and snuck it out to the car so I wouldn't notice! He's such a romantic! We had champagne in the room and our anniversary night was perfect. I couldn't have been more surprised!



It was wonderful and the whole day just seemed perfect. I couldn't have asked for more. Needless to say Sunday became my rest day since we stayed away for the night. I was happy to see that my hydration belt showed up Saturday so I will be using that on my run tomorrow. Today we went to the beach and boogie boarded and had a quiet night. This vacation has been so much fun and so relaxing. I'm starting to get sad we must leave on Wednesday. I guess that's when you know your vacation is a success.  It's getting late so I'm going to go to bed so I can hopefully get out there early for my run! Let you know how the hydration belt works tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment