Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Hot and humid

This morning my dogs woke me up at 5:45 again my shaking their collars. I had already been on the verge of waking up since I went to bed at 7:30pm yesterday! Who goes to bed that early on vacation? This girl does! I took them outside and the sun hasn't risen yet so it was just getting light. I thought about going for my run then but my book distracted me. What a mistake that was! I ended up going out at 7 am and it was so humid! I got to the one mile mark with a pretty good time of 12:26 but was starting to get tired. I thought about turning back but I put in writing I was gonna go 4 miles and I didn't want to wimp out. By the time I hit the 2nd mile I was getting really tired. I was adding in a couple little walk beaks and I was sweating more than ever! By mile 3 I was walking more and super frustrated. I am so not used to the hot and humid running! At home when it's over 75 I go to the gym and run on the treadmill. Here it's 75 with a lot of humidity so it makes it feel so much warmer. The only saving grace is the wind. There was quite a breeze today which helped a little bit. I limped the 4th mile home with about half walking and half running. It was miserable and sweaty! 

I've been thinking of ways to hydrate while I'm out for my long runs back home ever since my extreme thirst episode last week. Today proved to me that in such high humidity and heat I need to have water so I looked on amazon and found a hydration belt that I had rush shipped to my moms so I can try it out this week. I'll write a review of it early next week when I've used it. 

As for the rest of my day I layed around reading and napping for a while. We went to the grocery store to pick up some food for the dinner PJ was cooking tonight. He made fajitas and they were so good! After dinner we went for a dusk walk along the beach with the dogs. The wind was blowing so hard and whipping us with sand but it was still a pretty nice walk. We went about 1 mile on the beach not including the walk in from the house. The dogs had so much fun when we let them off leash to run a bit. All in all a great vacation day!

1 comment:

  1. I've been looking at fuel belts too. I'll be looking for your review!!

    Good job pushing through the heat and finishing your 4 miles. :)

    ReplyDelete