Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Back to the grind

After my wonderful mini weekend getaway to Grand Haven for our races, I hopped right back into work mode. Working 3 12 hour shifts a week has some nice benefits, but man does it screw up my weeks sometimes when they are stacked up together. Especially when I pick up overtime, like I did this week. I picked up Sunday night so PJ and I could go into work together and that started my stretch. When I'm working these stretches all I do is sleep in between shifts and because its daytime sleeping I often don't sleep well. So yesterday I took a Benadryl right before bed and I was out like a light. I woke up disoriented and later than normal so I had to rush to get ready!

Tonight however starts my 2 nights off between stretches! I am going to get in some good running! Since my body feels much better with a couple days rest since the 10K I plan on doing an easy 4 mlies Wednesday, my long run on Thursday and an easy 2-3 on Friday before work. I think I'm going to make my long run this week 7-8 miles depending on how the 4 later today go. 

The Coast Guard Run sent me an email today with a link to pictures! I was pretty excited!
I loved that the beach is in the background! I think I'll buy the digital copy. Eventually I'd like to make a scrapbook of race stuff. I've kept my bibs and medals and even the timing chips. ;-)

I'll update later on how my easy 4 miles go. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming over to my blog and for your encouraging words! I can't wait to get back to running on a regular basis.

    That picture is really awesome!

    Good luck with your run today.

    ~Hilary

    ReplyDelete