Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Getting the food under control.

There are two sides to weight loss. There's the activity part - which I don't seem to have too much problem with. I can get out there and run my prescribed amount of days and stay fairly active. Then there's the nutritional part. I've allotted myself 1400 calories. A month ago I was only taking in 1280 and realized that my weight loss was stalling. I had a bad week where I ate over my calorie goal every day and ended up LOSING 2 pounds! It was then that I realized I wasn't eating enough...enter 120 more calories per day. I do not log my activity in my calorie counter so that I don't eat all of the calories I've worked so hard to burn.

Eating right seems to be (and has always been) my main problem. Especially on days that I'm working. I will snack and snack and snack until all of a sudden I've realized that all I'm eating is snacks. This means that all of those calories that I've budgeted for the day have been wasted on food with no nutritional value whatsoever. This is usually when I start feeling frustrated and have to really try not to just throw it all away.  I'm also not much of a veggie eater and struggle to get this daily nutritional requirement in.

To add more of a problem, I'm a mindless eater. If there's food sitting out, I'll grab some here and there and eat it without savoring it therefore making me go back for more. I end up eating way too much and then going over my calorie goal. This must stop.

My goals:

I'd like to begin eating MEALS and not only snacks. I need to allow myself one small snack a day and realize my food can't only be made up of snack food.

I'd like to stay within my calorie allotment every day with very few exceptions (very very special events).

I'd like to continue running 4-5 days a week and add in strength training a couple times a week as well.

I'm hoping that by making small adjustments I can change things around soon. I am part of 4 diet bets on dietbet.com  and I have 4 pounds to loose in 14 days. Crossing my fingers I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment