Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

The Beginning

I've been inspired. That sums up a lot of what the last few months of my life have been like. I'm the girl who's constantly on a diet. I'm the girl who's always been a little overweight. I'm the girl with the low self esteem. These are all things that I've been trying to change for years. I don't know what makes this time different: but it is.

On April 8th I weighed in at 178.2lbs. This is not my highest weight, but it was high enough for me to feel miserable and not fit into any of the clothes I wore. At nearly 27 years old I was wearing a lot of sweat pants and large scrubs to hide my body. On that day I made it my goal to run several times a week and consume way fewer calories in order to achieve a goal weight of 135. I signed up for the Detroit Free Press International Half Marathon (thanks to much prodding from a friend) which will take place October 20, 2013. Having never run more than 30 seconds at a time I set out on my first run. Since that day I have lost 18 pounds and am now able to run 6 miles continuously (at a slow pace).

After reading many, many, many blogs about running and weight loss, and after boring my friends and family to death about all of my knowledge and questions and accomplishments with running, I've decided to take a big step and put myself out there on the internet. This is huge for me so I hope you'll have the patience to see me through! It's bound to be a good ride!

In the coming posts I'll backtrack and talk about what the last few months have been like as well as discuss what's happening currently. Whether this ends up as just a diary or a blog someone follows, it's all done to help me stay inspired and motivated on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment