Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Down to Business

So now that I've successfully posted my first time, its time to get down to business. Yesterday I went to the gym (because it's wayyyyy to hot out to be running, and because I'm kind of a wimp about hot weather) and ran on the treadmill before a workout class I was signed up for with my sister-in-law. I had planned to do an easy couple miles and that's exactly what it was. I ran at a 4.5mph/13:20 pace (I'm super slow!) for 2.25 miles and it was wonderful. I felt like I could have kept going...except it was time for our class. My sister-in-law wanted to go to a body scupt/tone class which I was ok with since I've been neglecting my strength training. I felt like the class was super easy...until I woke up today that is. I was so sore today, mostly my arms which are super not in shape. It was nice to feel that sore though, because I was feeling so high and mighty about not feeling like it was a tough work out.

Today I had intended to run 6-7 miles for a long run. Except I slept in way too late and then chit chatted to my husband a little too much. This left me with enough time for 4 easy miles. Yes...I ran easy runs two days in a row. Ugh total disappointment. And besides that; I hate the treadmill so it felt like the longest 4 miles of my life.

Now I'm at work. I'm a midnight nurse working in an ICU at a large hospital in southeastern Michigan. I love my job, hate the hours. I am working 4 days in a row, so that means no running for me until Tuesday. I am going to try to get up a tiny bit early to work out to a Jillian Michaels DVD, but we'll see what really happens.

I think I mentioned in my last post I'm training for the Detroit Free Press International Half  Marathon. I'm super excited about it and started training early so I have time to work my way up and not feel overwhelmed. I don't seem to have much problem getting the running and miles in. The problem I have is the strength training. This is where Jillian Michaels will hopefully help me out! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment